Saturday, September 27, 2008

Getting Tazed

Watching this still makes me hurt and laugh. Also known as "riding the white lightening" this bad boy shocks you with 50,000 volts of electricity. The purpose is to stop the brain from being able to send messages to the rest of the body thus making an officer able to gain control of a combative suspect. The people to each side of me are to make sure I don't fall flat on my face which would have happened had they not been there.

I'm told the reason is so that I know what it feels like to be tasered. That way if I ever go to court I can explain that I've experienced this before and I was not using excessive force. I understand the logic behind this reasoning. However, my argument is I don't need to be shot by my own gun to know that it hurts. ;-)

6 comments:

Tom said...

Love the new look; glad to see you're blogging again. I look forward to reading more.

BHodges said...

good grief! thanks for posting that. It actually means more to see a friend encounter it, for some strange reason.

pogi said...

Holy Crap! You're my knew hero...speaking of crap has anyone ever crapped themselves during something like that?...sorry inappropriote but I still want to know.

pogi said...

meant to say NEW

Officer Yates said...

Its been known to happen yeah. It's usually if they just happen to need to go to the bathroom right before they get shot with it...otherwise nope.

pogi said...

CRAP!