Thursday, October 16, 2008

My days in Ogden are numbered

Well, after driving for one hour each way back and forth to Ogden for the past year and a half has finally come to an end. Last monday I put my letter of resignation in and my last day working for OPD will be on the 27th.

What does this mean for me? Its an opportunity to work with a different police agency MUCH closer to home. With the economy crumbling I will be better able to save gas money, and get more $ an hour.


I enjoyed my time in Ogden and probably would have stayed there had circumstances been different. However, I feel this is an opportunity I can not pass up on right now.

So...my blog web address has OPD in the title. This will obviously have to change. I will shortly be making a different blog address so stay posted to find out what it is. (Unless someone knows how to change it with people being directed to the right location if they type in the old address. If so...instructions in comment section please.)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So I haven't been out to your blog for awhile, because I used to check all the time and you were not posting things. I'm glad you've started again as I think it helps you "reflect." I like the "new look" and the music. Reminds me of when you were home chilling in your room. Life is different now and I worry about you, but mostly I'm just really proud of you.

Love,
Mom

Tom said...

In answer to your question:

There isn't a redirect per se. The easiest way is to create your new blog, tell everyone about it, and share the new address.

Then, on your current blog, you leave a short post explaining you've "moved" and give them the address to your new blog. Once time has past and everyone has your new address, you can delete your current blog and it will not affect your new one.

Check here: http://tinyurl.com/5c499e

~Dad

sweetieabbott said...

I keep meaning to ask, do you happen to know a Danny, or Daniel Driggs (I don't know which he goes by at work) He works with the OPD. That'll be really nice for you to work closer to home. Gas is a killer on the wallet.

Officer Yates said...

The name sounds familiar but I've never met anyone by that name. I must have heard it in conversation though.

pogi said...

Do you still keep in contact with Casage. I haven't spoke to him since since I was in Utah last.

Officer Yates said...

Yup...still do. I either text or call every couple of months or so. Guess who else works at Bukoos now?....Dan Ripple...wasn't sure if you heard. Everyone is making the turn through there it seems. lol

pogi said...

HA.....HAHAHA.....I'm just glad that I took my turn early, FIVE years ago. Let's hear it for BOO!-kus. Tell those two to get a blog so that we all can stay in touch whilst I'm in Iraq.