Saturday, November 3, 2007

Two Weeks Down

10-41

Well, I've been working for full time as a police officer for about two weeks now and already I've seen my fare share of things. My shift has been 3:00 pm to 1:00 am.

My third day I was involved in a vehicle pursuit. It was pretty intense. We spiked all four tires and had 8 K9 units on the scene. He was a wanted felon with a gun (he'll be in federal prison for a minimum of 5 years just for the gun, not including felony evading)

I've had to pull my gun and drawn down on a guy, I've searched a ladies van for drugs, I've arrested two people (one for public intox and the other for aggravated assault), and pulled over multiple cars for various violations.

So far its everything I expected it to be. Depending on the call there can be a lo of paper work which sucks. I basically have to write down what happened almost as if I'm writing a book, except I have to remember minute details and quotes from the different people involved.

I'm one FTO officers down and 4 to go. My next two weeks I'll be with traffic. I'll be pulling cars over and giving them tickets for various things but every now and then I'll get to do a DUI or stop a guy with warrants. I'm not too excited to be writing tickets all night but it won't be too bad.

10-42

No comments: