Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Lest We Forget

10-41

Today marks the sixth year anniversary of the terrorist attacks on American soil killing almost 3000 innocent people. Its a tragedy that will never be forgotten.

Among those 3000 were many police and fire fighters. They courageously ran forwards into the chaos while everyone else ran away. In doing so they saved many lives while paying the ultimate sacrifice and lost their own.

Today at POST we had a memorial service to remember the fallen and to show that we are ready to pick up where it was left off in serving and protecting the American people.

The memorial was very moving. The UHP color guard performed our flag ceremony and sang the National Anthem. We had two different speakers from people that have been in the service for almost 40 years. Then a drum line and bagpipes came in and played Amazing Grace while there was a 21 gun salute and fly by from a plane and helicopter. Pretty awesome service.

The whole thing was covered by Fox 13 News . There are two different videos. The first video I'm in the background lined up with all the officers but I'm too far away to be seen. The Lt. that gave the interview is my Lt. at POST. Really awesome guy. The second shows the 21 gun salute and some of the service. For the second video click on Related videos to the side of the viewing screen from the link.

http://www.myfoxutah.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4324765&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Medical Update:

Many have asked whats going on with the weird medical crap I had a few weeks back. Hate to disappoint but nothing much. When I was originally checked at the hospital they were checking to see if it could be any of the things involving the brain that could kill me or seriously screw me up. After a long day and huge bill they told me all the major stuff came back negative. However they couldn't tell me the cause of the headaches. For that I had to meet with a neurologist. The one they referred me to said he was not taking any more new patients. So I haven't been to another doctor yet. However, I haven't had the headaches anymore either. A time or two since during PT I could feel one coming on but they never really develop into anything. Hard to explain really. I figure since I don't have them anymore and whatever caused them it won't kill me I'd have a hard time explaining the whole thing to the brain doc without it happening on a regular basis. When I'm done with POST I'll look into getting it checked out. Until then I just can't afford missing anymore days from class when it isn't necessary.

Thanks for the concern and prayers on my behalf. It must have worked cause everything seems to be fine now.

Yates 10-42

4 comments:

BHodges said...

Good to hear. I'm glad your head not asplode

ralleyclimber said...

Keep it up. good to hear your not having anymore headaches. My grandpa suffers from those and they have no idea why and what to do to stop it :(.

ralleyclimber said...

So do officer's get tased with a taser to feel what it is like?

Officer Yates said...

Yeah...its for court purposes. So defense attornies can't say we don't know what it feels like so we zap who ever we feel like is mouthing off. That and so we know what we're putting people through. Sucks BAD!